Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Story of My Life - part 15

In late March, I learned that I would be getting a general discharge instead of the honorable one my company commander recommended. I was a bit upset. To me the message was 'thanks for not killing yourself, now get out'. When I saw the honorable discharge recommendation in writing, I had an amusing conversation with my company commander.

***
Me: Oh, thank god! I was worried I was going to get one of those codes that say I set fires or fuck sheep or fuck sheep and set them on fire or set sheep on fire and fuck them. 

Him: What you do on your time is your own business. 
***

In my discharge paperwork, I found a DA Form 3822, which is a mental health evaluation. I got nearly the opposite of a normal score. It said my perception and cognition were impaired, my behavior and impulsivity were abnormal, that the risk of harm to myself was moderate and the risk of harm to others was high. It contained no explanation for this assessment nor the name of the person who made it. And the cherry on top was that it was made after my release from the insane asylum. If anyone disputes my use of the phrase 'insane asylum', all I can see is I fail to see the relevant difference between terms like mental hospital, insane asylum, and psychiatric word. A dozen people lied to my face to trap me in there where I had to spend a lot of time talking to psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists, and they didn't let me out for three days. 

I also registered for some suicide intervention classes because I wanted to turn a negative into a positive. My hope was that somehow, I could stay in touch with my old unit and spare another soldier from the ordeal I experienced. The problem was the suicide intervention classes were a joke. It was like listening to virgins talk about sex. I tried to explain that I had been on suicide watch, and I had a unique perspective about such things, but the instructors did not allow much leeway in their canned lectures. 

I became so upset that I went back to the hospital to get an appointment with the Army psychiatrist I met before. When I was told to call a hotline, I got upset. After many hours of forced psychiatric treatment, now that I finally want to talk to a psychiatrist, I get told to take a number and stand in line. I asked if I could go to the front desk for more information, and the guard let me in the hospital. The guy at the front desk didn't even look up from his phone when I walked past. 

It was a Saturday and there was no one to talk with. After some hesitation, I wrote a note asking to see the psychiatrist and stuck it in the handle of the door to the psychiatric ward. It caused quite a stir, evidently because I wrote 'ASAP' and the message was in scary-looking CAPITAL LETTERS. I swear, I didn't know my handwriting was so frightening. So I am summoned back to the hospital about an hour after leaving the note and begin the admission process. After being asked for the fourth or fifth time if I was suicidal, I said 'bye' and walked out of the hospital while a nurse of some sort followed me and tried to coax me back. 

I managed to defuse the situation by calling a friend and letting her talk to the doctors and nurses. I was then released. It was a lot of drama for nothing. 

Later that day, some very strange things happened, and even stranger things continued to happen. Plenty of people will dispute my interpretation of the events, yet the overall pattern of evidence leads to an inescapable conclusion. I first came suspicious in the spring of 2019 when after I tried to check the weather, Google sent me an error message saying they had detected unusual activity from my device. I shrugged it off as a fluke at the time. 

After the drama at the hospital, I decided to share my tale of woe with some online friends. For several years, I had been a member on an online libertarian forum. Most of the regulars were US military veterans, so it seemed like a safe place to vent. I did take a break for a year when I went on mission because I was worried about accidentally revealing classified information and I was certain the local network was being monitored for suspicious activity. 

When I logged into the forum, several mysterious black screens popped up for a second and quickly vanished. They appeared to command prompt windows. At the same time, I noticed that the posts I tried to submit to the forum were taking a very long time to process. In the posts, I complained about my ordeal and my impending discharge. Since I suspected someone was viewing my laptop screen at that moment, I created a folder on my desktop called REVENGE and in it I created a document called OPERATION BLIND THE CYCLOPS. I want to emphasize that this was a document in Notepad, so the only person who should have been able to see it was me. Unless of course there was some sort of malware on my laptop which allowed someone else to view my screen on their computer. 

In the Notepad document, I wrote:

***
Nice try, guys. I know you're spying on me. I want my old job back. Please help.
***

I spent the next few hours typing there. I invited them to scrub whatever they needed to scrub from the online forum and to make whatever changes they wanted to my laptop, because I trusted them. Mere hours later, the online forum mysteriously went down, and the homepage had a notice that the hosting software was being upgraded. If events like this had only happened once or twice in isolation, I could dismiss it as a coincidence, but stuff like that kept happening. My laptop suddenly seemed to work a lot better after that night. I had been getting an 'IRQL not equal' error message over and over and it stopped after that night.  

No comments: