Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's A Wonderful Tax

George: Well, I tell ya, I wish there were no taxes! Oh, now wait a minute. That's an idea now, isn't it?

Clarence: What do you think? Ahhh... All right, George, you've got your wish: there are no taxes.

* * * * * * *

George: Wait a minute, what happened to the Cowboy Poetry Festival?

Clarence: There isn't one, because you didn't pay taxes for it.

George: And Farmer Joe, what happened to his subsidy for corn ethanol?

Clarence: He doesn't have one either because your taxes weren't there.

George: Where's the tattoo parlor and the strip club and the army base?

Clarence: They're all gone. The based was closed and without the soldiers, the tattoo place and the strip club closed too.

George: OH GOD!

Clarence: Strange, isn't it? Each man's tax touches so many other lives. When it isn't around it leaves an awful hole, doesn't it?

* * * * * * *

Clarence: You see George, you've really paid a wonderful tax. Don't you see what a mistake it would be to just keep your own money?

George: Clarence! Clarence! Help me, Clarence! Get me back! Get me back, I don't care what happens to my money! Get me back to my taxes! Help me Clarence, please! Please! I wanna pay again. I wanna pay again. Please, God, let me pay again.

* * * * * * * 

 

No comments: