Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 1, 2023

My encounters with FBI and NSA special agents

On October 19th, 2021, my presence was requested by Fort Gordon military police to retrieve a phone. I had thrown that phone in protest a few days earlier through the turnstile of the Whitelaw NSA building. I used to work there as an Arabic linguist when I was in the Army. Once I arrived on base, I was handcuffed and taken to the police station to be photographed and fingerprinted, though they did say I was not under arrest. 

Then I was taken into an interrogation room with a two-way mirror and questioned by two NSA special agents. They wanted to know why I threw the phone. The end result was that I was banned from Fort Gordon (recently renamed Fort Eisenhower) and all NSA facilities. All this happened about two months after I applied to be an NSA code breaker and about six months after I figured out NSA had been spying on me. When I was released, I went to the mall to get a pretzel. 

At the food court, I saw an NSA cop with a police dog. NSA police wear dark blue uniforms with an NSA logo shoulder patch. There is an amusing coda to this story: in January of 2022, my gal pal at the time called me from the Fort Gordon hospital asking for a ride. I explained I had been banned from base, but after some negotiations, I was permitted to enter and pick her up. 

On July 27th, 2023, two FBI agents came to my apartment. They said they just wanted to talk to me. So I explained my situation and showed them evidence of all the odd things that had happened to me. The bulk of that evidence may be seen here:



At last, one of them took out a piece of paper that had a picture of an experimental oil-cooled computer I built. They explained it was the reason they came and said a "concerned citizen" alerted them about it. 

I guess that person thought it was a bomb. I'm pretty sure the person who tipped them off works for a member of Congress I had contacted earlier. Below is a picture of that computer. I named it Deep Dish after the real computer Deep Blue, the sci-fi computer Deep Thought, and because I like pizza.

I told the FBI agents that computers are about as small and cheap as they're ever going to be. The minimum width of a transistor is about 10 times the diameter of a silicon atom. At lengths less than that, you get quantum tunneling and the transistor's output becomes random. Advances in software are few and far between. So the only avenue left for improvement is heat transfer. That's where the oil-cooling comes in. 

Mineral oil does not conduct electricity, which is why it's used to cool high voltage transformers. It also doesn't corrode or evaporate, unlike water. One of the FBI agents also mentioned its high heat capacity, so I guess he had a chemistry or engineering background. Those agents came from the Jacksonville, FL office. One was middle-aged with white hair and a white mustache. The other was in his mid 30s, had red hair and a goatee. Both were white men. The red-haired one flashed his badge, but I forget the name on it.

The mineral oil and copper act as heat sinks. My next step would have been to put the metal pan into a larger one partially filled with water. Thus, heat would have passed from the oil and copper to the pan and then the water. The overall cooling effect would have been similar to a radiator in a car. 

Lake Superior has the coldest water in the continental US. If someone wanted to build a supercomputer complex cooled with a combination of mineral oil and water, that would be the best place. 

I was able to overclock Deep Dish to 5 GHz vs a design spec of 1.75 GHz. I got a kernel panic when I tried to run it at 6 GHz. The computer worked reliably for months, and the CPU temp never went above 40 degrees Celsius even during a CPU stress test. 

I know the FBI and NSA read this blog. To them I ask: can I have a job now?

No comments: