Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Kafka meets Microsoft

I bought a new computer in 2010. I neglected to activate my Microsoft Office programs because I forgot. When I went to use one, I tried entering in the product key on the side of my computer, but it was rejected. I was given the option of downloading Microsoft Office starter, which would allow me to view and edit MS Word documents. Halfway through the installation, I was informed that this program displays ads on the screen when running. I didn't want any of that, so I tried to cancel the installation, but it was too late. 

Every day since then, the following message from Microsoft has popped up on my computer:











If you want a vision of the future of computers, imagine the same unwanted window popping up on your screen forever. 

No comments: