Thursday, September 17, 2026

the plot thickens

I was pleasantly surprised to find a ternary computer for sale. This part jumped out at me:



I'm tempted to buy one and turn it into Deep Dish 3. Here's a pic of Deep Dish 2, which I built in 2021:


It's cooled with mineral oil and copper BBs. The FBI came to my apartment in 2023 to ask me about it.

More info here:




A cluster of oil-cooled ternary computers would be a real game changer, kind of like this:



World's Largest Raspberry Pi Cluster


Most innovation comes from combining or repurposing existing ideas. A Soviet engineer named Altshuler discovered that. You can use his idea matrix here:


In the case of supercomputers, the ideas to combine are oil-cooling, ternary logic, and Beowulf cluster computing.  

A joke for my FBI and NSA minders - I saw this as a screen saver in the NSA building I used to work in.


further reading


Setun - Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment